Hello lovely readers! I’ve been lucky enough to have been nominated for the Liebster Award, which is a tag created to help new bloggers with under 200 followers gain recognition and help get their blogs out there! I’ve been lucky enough to be nominated by Lauren, Ella and Randi. These three lovely ladies have wonderful blogs and are some of the first bloggers to recognize my blog which I am so grateful for! Here are the rules to the tag:
- Thank and link the person who nominated you.
- Answer the nominator’s 11 questions.
- Nominate 11 small blogs who have less than 200 followers. You should believe that they deserve this award and include their links in your post.
- Create 11 new questions for your nominees to answer. Notify these nominees via social media/blogs.
With that being said, I will be answering a few questions from all three blogs since they all had such great questions! Here it goes:
1. What is the most valuable lesson you have learned in life? Recently I’ve learned the lesson of self-acceptance, and how important it is to be yourself and to love yourself- your whole life changes once you truly value who you are and realize how you deserve to be treated.
2. What is your best memory from childhood? I would have to say going to the beach with my family. I loved packing the car up and going to the beach for a day- building sand castles, swimming in the water, eating popsicles all day and just enjoying life to the fullest with my favourite people.
3. What is the best job you ever had? Tree planting was the worst job I ever had, but it was also the best job I ever had. Bears would roam our camp and I would get eaten alive by bugs while climbing through debris all day planting trees, and have many scars to show for it, but I wouldn’t trade it for anything. I met some amazing people, and made so many memories on a journey I’m lucky to have been apart of.
4. What inspires you? I’m inspired by the outdoors, art, music, films, other lovely bloggers- anything that makes me feel something. I think travelling inspires me the most as I always seem to find a piece of myself in a new city or on a new adventure.
5. Where would you most like to travel to? I really want to visit Spain and Greece- I’ve dreamed of seeing these places for years as they’ve always seemed heavenly to me. I plan on visiting both this summer, so hopefully this dream of mine will finally come true!
6. What is your favourite accessory? I have this gold necklace with a cross as well as a pendant of Jesus on one side and Mary on the other that my grandmother gave to me through my father once she passed. It’s really special to me, and I usually wear it to remind me of where I came from, and of those who loved me regardless of how little time we spent together.
7. What is your favourite quote and why? “Audentes Fortuna Juvat” which means fortune favors the bold. It’s simple, but it’s my favourite quote because of the truth it bares. The more chances you take and the bolder you become, the more life opens up to you.
8. How would you describe your style? Hm, this is a bit hard for me. I can’t really describe my style as it’s constantly changing, but I know I love to wear looser, freer clothing- especially dresses. I’d wear dresses every single day if I could.
10. What is your biggest weakness? I think my biggest weakness is expecting the best in people who sometimes aren’t ready to give their best. Even if someone hurts me, I can always end up sympathizing with them which can make it harder for me to move on and realize that I deserve better at times.
11. What three things do you want to do before you die? I want to go on a road trip in one of those Volkswagen vans across BC and California, I want to climb a mountain, and see the Northern Lights. These are a few of the things I’d really love to do before I die- but of course there are so many more that I can think of!
I’d like to nominate the following 11 blogs:
1. If money wasn’t an obstacle, what would your dream career choice be?
2. What is your favourite memory?
3. Who is your idol?
4. If you could hop on a plane tomorrow and move to any country in the world, where would it be?
5. What is your favourite song?
6. What is one thing you wish you could change about yourself?
7. What is your greatest strength?
8. What inspired you to start blogging?
9. Where do you see yourself in ten years?
10. What is something you fear?
11. What is your favourite book?
Once you finish, I’d love to hear back from you so I could read your answers as well! Happy blogging!